Happy Holidays everyone! We’re all busy this time of her, more so then other’s but it’s no time to forget being Safe! Radio Disney and Underwriters Laboratories put together some quick and easy safety tips you need to remember this season!
- Water your tree daily.
- Blow out unattended candles.
- Always make sure your holiday lights and decorations bear the UL Mark of Safety.
Additional tips include:
1. Only plug in one plug per outlet
2. When online shopping, be aware of what personal information you are providing
3. Always log off a website before you close your browser
4. Stay at least 3 feet away from portable heaters
5. Keep stairways and pathways free of clutter
6. Remind your kids to dial in 9-1-1 in emergencies
7. Make sure your home has a UL listed Carbon Monoxide alarm, UL listed Fire Extinguishers and a home escape plan
If you missed my first post about the Safety Series Events last week there is one more for December 8th- (the others are already over)
December 8 (6:00 p.m. – 9:00 p.m.) – Now Snowing Nightly in Celebration Town Center with Radio Disney AM 990 Orlando