You have Homework! Yes you do, so grab a notebook, pen or pencil and listen up- I am giving YOU a Challenge and here it is.
I want you to come back to this very post in one full week with an update if you are willing to try this.
Directions ( Do this with the family, sit down and discuss it)
- Pick a meal you are going to focus on, breakfast, lunch snack or dinner then jot it down
- Pick either main meal ( the bulk protein of the meal)or sides including fruit and vegetables, drink or dessert. Pick just one to focus on, jot this down.
- Grab a cookbook on hand or head to Pinterst ( careful it’s addicting) or Allrecipes is a great place to start ( you can even use my websites HINT HINT) Start looking up the category you and the family picked. As you start to name off recipes, check ones that you have never tried before and set them aside. Get at least 10
- Look at the 10 recipes you have, narrow down to one trying to pick something you normally don’t cook, and may have a food you haven’t ever tried before. The point being is to pick something brand new.
- Gather everyone up and head to the store for ingredients, involve them in the entire process from beginning to end including cooking and plating the food then setting the table.
- Eat the food! As you are enjoy the dinner, ask what everyone liked and or disliked. Have them explain why it is they liked or disliked it. Ask this for everyone even the kids, adults you need to answer as well. Be honest. It’s not a contest, there’s no winner or loser ( ok the food wins or loses) Discuss it as a family.
I encourage you to try the Challenge 🙂