This wasn’t going to be a recipe at all on the blog, it was just something I threw together but so many people emailed from my social accounts asking if it was going to be on the blog. Sorry for the delay though it’s been a extremely difficult last few days due to this move.
We are about 90% moved into the new house, bet you are so tired of hearing this aren’t you? Don’t worry it’s almost over and as soon as it is I will begin to remodeling posts! Which is still going on. Our dining room is full of saws, and compressors, nail guns oh my! I love remodeling, but the set backs , one after another have made it hectic . It’s worth it though, and I do love being able to make choices on how the house comes together.
On to the recipe, it’s really simple to toss together . Light, refreshing it was perfect on a hot day. I am in love with the Tri Colored Quinoa from NOW Foods. If you’ve never tried it, I highly recommend it. I love the variety of the quinoa instead of the plain white I normally use, the black and red make dishes pop!
- 1 cup cooked Tri Colored Quinoa
- 1 small zucchini sliced - you can use yellow squash as well
- 1 yellow pepper sliced ( can be red, green, orange)
- 2 cups washed and dried spinach
- cherry tomatoes
- 1 Jalapeno chopped optional
- Cook Quinoa according to package, takes less than 20 minutes. Divide the spinach into two bowls, divide the quinoa as well Toss with spinach. Add in the rest of the vegetables. Use your favorite dressing, though I didn't use any. With fresh vegetables and the nutty flavor or the quinoa there really was no deed to add anything.