With the Superbowl this weekend, there’s been a hunt for new appetizers. The kids really enjoyed this one as they could do it by themselves all except getting the pan of course from the oven. They are more involved in helping in the kitchen these days so they got to do this pretty much by themselves. You can do it two ways, one, buy the bread, buy the dip, or two, like we had, make the bread ( I just used white bread and made thin loaves! ) and make the dip. Either way is fine, don’t have time? Just buy both ingredients and get ready to have a fun new appetizer for any occasion. It’s really easy, a friend let me know she does this with a cheddar cheese chili dip as well.
How to make the dip bread-
One baguette – Depending on how long the baguette is you just want to cut it in half or three pieces for now. This will make it easier to get the dip in to the bread. You want to take out enough of the center to leave a inch wide hole all the way through each piece. . Once you get all the insides out you can start filling in with the dip, Now wrap each piece up in foil and bake for about 15-20ish minutes at 350F. You want to just warm the dip up and the bread.
Melt about 2 tablespoons butter while the bread is heating. Use a pastry brush to brush the tops of the bread with butter once it’s out and cut into slices. You are ready to serve!
On to the dip! Its super easy to make, and the tastes so great!
- 1 package (8 oz) cream cheese
- ½ cup sour cream
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese, shredded
- 1 cup Mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 can artichokes chopped (14 oz)
- 1 cup cooked spinach
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- In a medium pan, combine the cream cheese, sour cream, Parmesan cheese, & the Mozzarella cheese. Stir until the cheese is melted and looks smooth. Stir in the spinach and artichokes, heating for another few minutes until it is heated through. Add the garlic stir and then remove from heat.
- Stir in cooked spinach and chopped artichokes and cook for 1-2 minutes over low-medium heat, until everything is well combined and creamy. Stir in minced garlic, and remove from heat.
- For using as dip, either serve warm or chilled . Can be made a couple days in advance. Leftovers must be kept refrigerated