Mini muffins are trouble.
They just are. Thought it was this grand idea, small muffins, easy quick grab and go snack. Yeah, No. Let’s see you just don’t grab two, you grab about 5, then go back for your 6th, maybe 7th. They’re addicting little morsels and there doesn’t seem to be a way to say no to them. My kids loved them as well, definitely a win in this house!
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup applesauce
- 1 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350. Lightly spray mini muffin pan with cooking spray or line with muffins wrappers.
- Cream the 1/2 cup butter and 1/2 cup sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, beating well after each addition. Stir in applesauce. Combine flour, baking powder, cinnamon and salt. Add to batter and stir just until moistened. Spoon batter into prepared mini muffin pan.
- Fill each 2/3 full and bake for 12-15 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool slightly before removing muffins from pan. Cool on wire rack.
- I used a cookie dough scooper which worked perfectly for these pans. Filled just right
Enjoy! See if you can just eat one, I dare you!