Lots of fun, crazy things are happening here at It’s My Side of Life. School just ended here, my kids are switching into summer mode. Actually they did that switch last week, but officially school ended this week. In the middle of all school fun ending and preparing for summer, we’re also remodeling our new house, and in the middle of moving so crazy is saying it mildly. Busy, busy, but a lot of fun at the same time which brings me to some more exciting news! If you don’t follow me on Instagram you missed my post about being selected #NOWWellness Blogger Ambassador. I’m one of 15 that were selected to try out some amazing NOW Foods products. I’m so excited to be a part of this campaign and share with you how their products work. You’ll be able to follow through my journey through the month and learn some more about each product. Look out for a introduction post about it!
I’ve already started using several of the products , today’s pick was the Organic Coconut Infusion- Garlic . It’s Extra Virgin Coconut oil infused with Garlic. Let me just say- yum! I love coconut oil already, use it all the time and daily at that, but infuse it with Garlic? New obsession !
The taste isn’t too strong but adds a bold flavor to anything you use to cook with, excellent to sautée with, easy to spread, and use. You can add it to any dish adding a fresh flare of seasoning . I tried the coconut infused oil this week for a quick cooking meal . It tasted amazing! Instead of sauteing the chicken in butter or heated oil I used the garlic infused coconut oil, and wow. Melts fast, heats fast, brought a nice flavor to the chicken . I’ll be using this more and more for sure, I’ve got my heart set on garlic bread next, or sauteing shrimp in the oil.
This dish can be made in under 30 minutes
- Package of your favorite Pasta
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 4 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cups milk
- 4 tablespoons heavy cream
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 4 ounces cream cheese, cubed
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 4 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves
- 8 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 4 tablespoons garlic infused NOW foods coconut oil
- Cook Pasta according to the directions on the box. In the last few minutes of cooking the pasta add in the chopped broccoli, once cooked, drain and set aside.
- Sauce directions
- Melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Whisk in flour until lightly browned, do not let this burn, it should only take a minute. Gradually whisk in milk,whisking constantly, until fully incorporated. Next stir in the heavy cream and minced garlic until slightly thickened. Once fully mixed, stir in cheeses until melted. If the sauce is too thick, you may add more milk as needed, once the right consistency season with salt and pepper, to taste. Stir in the pasta and broccoli, serving immediately.
- Chicken Directions
- IN a large frying pan, heat the garlic infused coconut oil on medium to high heat. Once the an is hot add in the chicken and cook 7-8 minutes on each side or until no longer pink. Serve with pasta.
- This can all be done in less than 30 minutes if timed correctly. Simple start cooking the chicken as the water has started to heat, and start cooking the sauce once the water is boiling and you add the pasta in to cook. Each should be cooking at the same time so they can finish within minutes of each other.