When things get busy, and we’re constantly on the move sometimes it’s hard to find a healthy quick snack on the go. These quick and easy energy bites are a nice change up from the normal granola bar you normally reach for. They aren’t jammed packed with sugar like most energy bars these days and add in some great flavor to enjoy whenever you want. The sprouts are a nice addition of potassium, magnesium , even vitamin E and Zinc! I used Organic Sprouted, which are gluten free, wheat and nut free. You can use plain sunflower seeds ( shelled of course) or even pumpkin seeds if those are on hand.
You get the mild hints of honey, with almond and coconut and a nice pop of the cherry all in a bite. You can easily mix up the dried fruit for what ever is on hand just simply chop small ( think a nice sweet dried apricot! )
- 1 cup oats
- 3/4 cups chopped walnuts ( almonds work or pecans)
- 1/2 cups sprouted sunflower seeds
- 1/4 shredded coconut
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1/3 heaping cup of honey ( cause mine spilled over by about 2 tablespoons of honey....oops?)
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla
- pinch of salt
- 3 tablespoons almond flour ( or coconut flour, you can use all purpose, but then it won't be GF)
- 3/4 cup dried cherries
- Preheat oven to 350
- Make sure your nuts are chopped small, mix everything together in a large bowl till well combined. Take a good tablespoons worth of the mixture and form into a ball *or use a cookie dough scoop-
- Place in/on either a prepared ( sprayed with baking spray) mini muffin tins or a regular cookie baking sheet. If using the baking sheet lightly press the balls down to flatten just a little. If using the mini muffin tins, press firmly down to create better form in the tin.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes or until slightly golden brown around edges. Take out and let cool within pan then transfer to wire rack.
- Store in air tight container for up to 4 days.
- Depending on how big you make them you can get 24-30 bites out of one batch.